A certain amount of stress is normal, even desirable, in the workplace. But there are some red flags that point to a mental illness. Here are the 5 signs to look for:
- Getting into arguments with co-workers over trivial matters
- Reacting to disappointing news or events with angry outbursts
- Going out of their way to avoid people, or changing the subject when asked if they’re ok
- Difficulty completing tasks that previously they’d have no trouble with
- General irritability and prickliness
These behaviours not only affect the performance of the person, but they cause disruption and conflict in the team.
If you’re faced with managing mental illness in the workplace, please check our Leaders Masterclass workshop for management, leaders, managers, team leaders, supervisors.
We’ll teach you exactly what to do and what to say to help someone who’s struggling with mental illness become a high performer.