Know The Suicide Warning Signs – Prepare People To Help – Create A Pro Life Culture
With 1 person taking their own life every 40 seconds worldwide, there is such a thing as ‘too late’ with preventing suicide. Don’t let it happen in your workplace.
Suicide Prevention Skills is a 6 hour interactive workshop, run in your workplace. Designed as a First Responder course, it teaches staff warning signs to look out for, and what to do, in the form of a very practical 5 Step Suicide Response Plan to prevent suicide
What Is Covered In The Suicide Prevention Skills Course?
- What is suicide & what it is not
- In detail statistics on suicide
- Common emotions people have and what can be done about them
- Risk Factors for Suicide
- Protective Factors and how to implement them
- The 5 Step Suicide Prevention Plan for preventing suicide
- What happens after a death?
- Warning signs
- How best to have the conversation
- Asking ‘the’ question – should you ask?
- How to approach a person thinking of suicide and not make it worse
- Common FAQ on suicide
- Looking after yourself and others