An advanced course designed specifically for managers and supervisors, to provide them with the knowledge, skills and attitude to:
- prevent and respond effectively to mental health issues in the workplace, in the first instance and on an ongoing basis.
- tackle performance management issues where mental health issues may also exist
- build a team culture with protective factors to minimize mental health risks to the whole team
- create an environment for the team where people can be resilient and thrive
After this course, participants will:
- Understand the importance of addressing workplace mental health, for business, legal, and ethical benefits.
- Identify the unique ‘filters’ of their employees, to communicate effectively regarding mental health issues.
- Have a greater awareness of the prevalence of mental health problems in the community.
- Understand the various causes of mental ill health, especially workplace triggers for mental distress.
- Know how to manage staff wellbeing during times of pressure, high demand, and change.
- Be able to identify early signs of mental ill-health, and respond appropriately to prevent escalation of issues within the workplace.
- Have a framework for communicating meaningfully and appropriately with employees about mental health, and performance issues where mental health issues also exist.
- Be better able to manage team dynamics which can lead to stress, burnout and conflict.
- Have clear distinctions as to the boundaries of their role as a manager when supporting mental health and wellbeing in the workplace.
- Have strategies for managing their own stress and frustration when addressing workplace mental health issues.
To book this course for your organization or discuss your needs in more detail, please contact us at email@example.com
If an invoice is required for payment via EFT/Bank transfer, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
10% Discount available for a group of 3 or more registrations